Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon NZ Policies and Terms & Conditions 2015/16 SERIES
WET WEATHER & CANCELLATION POLICY
The Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Event Management Team (SWKTET) always strive to ensure that events happen as advertised. However, with reference to the 2015/16 Series Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Health and Safety plan, the SWKTET reserve the right to alter/cancel any event should circumstances require.
Every effort will be made for those registered to participate in a Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event as advertised. In exceptional circumstances (for Health & Safety reasons) the event structure may be forced to change to one of the following formats:
- Duathlon (Run, Bike, Run)
- Aquathon (Swim, Run)
- Fun Run Event (Run only)
Alteration/Cancellation of a Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event will be determined by SWKTET on the morning of the event (or in extreme circumstances prior to the event date).
If an event is to be cancelled, SWKTET will endeavour to make this decision prior to 6.30am on the morning of that event. If the course is to be altered, the aim is to have a final decision made by 7.00am.
Should the SWKTET deem it necessary to modify the course/event or cancel any Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event, the following action will be taken:
- Any change to an event will be communicated to all present via the Course Director over the Public Address System where it is safe to operate the system.
- Regular communication of any changes will be provided via the Public Address system where it is safe to operate the system.
- Any cancellation/amendment occurring on the event date will be broadcast on The Hits (local frequency) on the morning of the event and posted on the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon facebook page.
In the circumstances of a full cancellation prior to the event date participants will also receive notification via email to the address supplied during registration.
In the event of a complete cancellation of a Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event, a FULL refund will apply (please see Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Refund Policy).
Cancellation of event by Sanitarium
- Refunds will only be issued strictly upon a FULL cancellation of a Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event.
- Upon the FULL cancellation of an event, Sanitarium will refund all registered participants to the credit card from which the registration fee was deducted. Refunds will take place within 2 weeks of the cancelled event date.
- School groups will be refunded via the payment method they used. IE those who pay by credit card will receive the refund to that credit card & those who paid by cheque or direct credit will be refunded by cheque.
Cancellation of registration by participants
- Cancellation of registration by participants will incur a $10 cancellation fee provided that the cancellation is requested by email to email@example.com at least five (5) working days prior to the event.
- No refunds will be given where participants cancel within five (5) working days of the event.
- In the event of a cancelling participant having already received their TRYathlete Kit, an additional $10 will be charged if they wish to keep the kit. This $10 will not be charged if the TRYathlete kit is returned to the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Team within ten (10) days of cancellation.
EVENT DAY PRIZE-GIVING TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Prize-giving will take place on the stage container at each event once all participants have completed the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event course. Prize-giving usually takes place between 12.pm & 1.00pm & as such participants and their supporters should plan to be at the venue until approximately 1.00pm.
All participants will be in the draw and eligible to win any of the spot prizes provided that they went through the “CHECK IN” process and had their bib number scanned prior to entry into transition.
In order to claim any spot prize, the winning participant must be present at the prize-giving and able to show their winning bib number.
In the event of any unclaimed spot prizes, only the BIKE BARN BIKES & ASB TABLET will be redrawn.
No prizes are able to be claimed at any later stage, and no prizes are able to be claimed by persons other than the participant named as the winner.
The Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon organisers takes no responsibility for the durability/quality of any Prize or for lost or unclaimed prizes.
Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferrable, non-refundable and unable to be exchanged for cash.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
By entering into the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon (SWKT) you are aware of and agree to abide by the following conditions;
1. SWKT TRANSITION AREA
- The Transition Area constitutes part of the SWKT course, and as such, only participants in the process of completing the course and HELP TEAM Marshals are permitted to enter during the event.
- HELP TEAM Marshals will be unable to make exceptions to this.
- If participants require clothing, medicine or food left by their bike, participants (not parents) will be able to access this by approaching a Transition HELP TEAM Marshal and following their instructions to ensure safety to active participants
- After the final participant has completed the course, controlled access for those wanting to remove bikes from transition will be permitted from a single designated entry point under the guidance of Transition HELP TEAM Marshals until Prize-giving has been completed.
- After the prize-giving has been completed, general access to bikes in the Transition Area will be permitted. Several entries to transition will be created and security spot checks will be carried out by Transition HELP TEAM Marshals.
- [Entering a SWKT constitutes agreement to adhere to these conditions, put in place for the safety of all participants and event staff.
2. SWKT LOST PROPERTY
- The SWKT organisers take no responsibility for any property lost at the SWKT events.
- If you have lost an item of property, we recommend that you check in at the Lost Kids Tent during the event & if it has not been handed in that you log the details of the item with one of the HELP TEAM staff.
- Post event please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with a description of the item.
- At the conclusion of each SWKT, all lost property is given to the local coordinator who will hold items for three months for collection. After this date any items that have not been collected will be donated to a local charity. The exception to this is any items that a child could use at the TRYathlon eg helmets, shoes, bikes which will be donated to the Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation.
3. SWKT EVENT TIMING
- SWKT events are subject to variations in weather and the race course on event day. These conditions, as well as the speed with which participants complete the course, impact the length of our event.
- In all instances where timing information is provided, this is approximate. SWKT organisers take no responsibility for any losses incurred due to events running overtime.
- Prizegiving usually takes place between 12.00pm & 1.00pm & as such you should plan to be at the venue until approximately 1.00pm.
4. SWKT FAIR PLAY
- The SWKT is about participation and Fair Play. By entering the SWKT event, you agree to abide by the principles of Fair Play; respect for the rules, courtesy, just and equitable treatment for all participants, spectators and event volunteers alike.
- We also encourage all spectators, present on the day, to encourage and cheer for all participants present, and to equally abide by the principals of Fair Play. Thank you for your support.
By registering your child to participate in an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood the entry waiver and terms & conditions (link to T&C’s) relating to the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon (SWKT).
- I confirm that I am authorised to enter my child/ward named above in the SWKT (at the location and on the date described above) and give this waiver personally and on their behalf.
- I confirm that my child/ward named above is at least seven (7) years of age (or will be by the day of the SWKT) and that I have disclosed all relevant medical conditions (including allergies) to the organisers of the SWKT.
- I agree to comply with the rules and event instructions of the SWKT and enter at my child/ward’s own risk. Accordingly I release New Zealand Health Association Limited trading as Sanitarium (“Sanitarium”) and the organisers of SWKT from all claims, demands or proceedings arising out of my child/ward’s participation in the SWKT, I further understand that neither Sanitarium nor the organisers take any responsibility for loss of or damage to property arising in connection with the SWKT.
- I understand the ethos of the SWKT and confirm that we will adhere to "fair play" at the SWKT.
- I understand that for Health and Safety reasons participants my child/ward must wear closed in shoes for the bike & run legs of the event & that bikes are unable to be removed from the transition area until the completion of prize-giving, and my child/ward we will comply with this.
- I consent to Sanitarium and the SWKT event organisers collecting, retaining and using personal information of my child/ward, and sharing it with third parties who are involved in the event. I understand that my child’s/ward’s name may appear on promotional materials and merchandise associated with the SWKT as well as the SWKT website. Sanitarium and the SWKT event organisers may notify us of events similar to the SWKT as well as any marketing and promotional activities of Sanitarium. Sanitarium and the SWKT event organisers will hold the information securely. I understand that we have the right to access our personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993.
- I agree that any photographs, videos and/or other images of my child/ward taken during the SWKT may be used for media and promotional purposes in connection with future events similar to the SWKT and/or Sanitarium’s business, including on the Weet-Bix website and on Sanitarium’s product packaging. Any use of a participant’s image on product packaging or as the “hero” image for a promotion will only be undertaken with parent/guardian consent. For the purposes of this clause a “hero” image is when the same image is used across a number of different promotional items such as posters, flyers and stationery.”
ENTRY PRICING- Terms and Conditions apply:
A. There are three basic pricing categories;
1. EARLYBIRD PRICE – Each event has a specific EARLYBIRD Price Cut off Date (Click here for EARLYBIRD dates)
2. ONLINE PRICE – Online pricing will be applied to all registrations made after the EARLYBIRD Cut Off date/time & before ONLINE registration close date. Each event will have a specific online close off date (Click here for ONLINE close off dates (link)
3. FULL PRICE – Full pricing will be applied to all registrations made at the Admin Tent on event day. Note that events which SELL OUT prior to event day will not take On the Day registration Entries. If an event has sold out this will be communicated via the Weet- Bix Kids TRYathlon Facebook Page and on the website try.weetbix.co.nz
B. Other groups are eligible for these special pricing categories:
1. FAMILY SPECIAL PRICE - To be eligible for the family price you must enter 3 or more members from your family at a rate of $35(EARLYBIRD)/$39.66 ONLINE/$42.66 FULL per individual family member. IE – FAMILY PRICE for 3 family members is $105/$119/$128, 4 family members is $140/$158.66/$170.66 etc. A maximum of 6 can be registered through a family account.
2. ROTORUA SPECIAL PRICE - To be eligible for the ROTORUA SPECIAL PRICE you must be one of the FIRST 200 participants to register into this event. ROTURUA SPECIAL PRICE is $10 OFF ANY PRICE CATEGORY for the first 200 entrants.
3. TEAM SPECIAL PRICE -Teams can be made up of 2 participants. As a team one team member will be the "swimmer" and the other the "cyclist". Both participants will need to complete the run section. TEAM SPECIAL PRICE IS $70 EARLYBIRD, $80.50 ONLINE, $89.50 FULL)
4. SCHOOL GROUP SPECIAL PRICE -School groups individuals entry price is $35.00 (EARLYBIRD), $39.00 ONLINE, $47 FULL per participant whether they entered as an individual or as a team. Participants must be registered as a group through their school OR be registered from home by parent & linked to the school group by the parent registering the child.
5. GISBORNE SPECIAL PRICE: To be eligible for the GISBORNE SPECIAL PRICE you must be one of the first 1000 participants to register into this event. GISBORNE SPECIAL PRICE is $10 OFF ANY PRICE CATEGORY for the first 1000 entrants.
1. You are a guardian of the Tryathlete who intends to use the Weet-Bix Try.Tr@iner Programme.
2. The Tryathlete will be at least 7 years of age on the day of the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event in which he or she is participating in.
3. You will be responsible for the training environment the Tryathlete uses to undertake the Weet-Bix Try.Tr@iner Programme and will supervise the Tryathlete at all times during his or her use of the Weet-Bix Try.Tr@iner Programme.
4. The Tryathlete uses the Weet-Bix Try.Tr@iner Programme at his or her own risk.
Post Event Parent Survey Prize Terms & Conditions
1. Prize draw is open to any 2015/16 SWKT participant’s parent or guardian.
2. To enter, the parent or guardian must complete and submit the 2015/16 SWKT post event survey by 26th April 2016.
3. Prizes will be drawn 27th April 2016 and winners contacted. There will be one winner drawn for each 2015/16 SWKT location (there are 16 locations). If a winner is unable to be contacted within 5 days, that prize winner relinquishes their right to the Prize and a new winner for that location may be drawn at Sanitarium’s sole discretion.
4. Prize is one free entry to the 2016/2017 SWKT location (event) of the prize winner’s choice.
5. Only one entry per participant.
6. Prize is non-transferable or exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered.
7. It is the Prize Winners’ responsibility to ensure that the correct name and address is provided to Sanitarium. Sanitarium accepts no responsibility for a Prize sent to an incorrect address (where the details are consistent with what has been advised to Sanitarium).
8. Sanitarium reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions as it deems necessary and for any reason.
9. Sanitarium’s decision on all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.