Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon NZ Policies and Terms & Conditions
SANITARIUM WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON WET WEATHER & CANCELLATION POLICY
The Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Event Management Team (SWKTET) always strive to ensure that events happen as advertised. However, with reference to the 2014/15 Series Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Health and Safety plan, the SWKTET reserve the right to alter/cancel any event should circumstances require.
Every effort will be made for those registered to participate in a Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event as advertised. In exceptional circumstances (for Health & Safety reasons) the event structure may be forced to change to one of the following formats:
• Duathlon (Run, Bike, Run)
• Aquathon (Swim, Run)
• Fun Run Event (Run only)
Alteration/Cancellation of a Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event will be determined by SWKTET on the morning of the event (or in extreme circumstances prior to the event date).
If an event is to be cancelled, SWKTET will endeavour to make this decision prior to 6.30am on the morning of that event. If the course is to be altered, the aim is to have a final decision made by 7.00am.
Should the SWKTET deem it necessary to modify the course/event or cancel any Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event,
the following action will be taken:
• Any change to an event will be communicated to all present via the Course Director over the Public Address System where
it is safe to operate the system.
• Regular communication of any changes will be provided via the Public Address system where it is safe to operate the system.
• Any cancellation/amendment occurring on the event date will be broadcast on Classic Hits on the morning of the event and
posted on the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon facebook page & website.
In the circumstances of a full cancellation prior to the event date participants will also receive notification via email to the address supplied during registrations.
In the event of a complete cancellation of a Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event, a FULL refund will apply (please see
Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Refund Policy).
SANITARIUM WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON REFUND POLICY
Cancellation of event by Sanitarium
• Refunds will only be issued strictly upon a FULL cancellation of a Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event.
• Upon the FULL cancellation of an event, Sanitarium will refund all registered participants to the credit card from which the registration fee was deducted. Refunds will take place within 2 weeks of the cancelled event date.
• School groups will be refunded via the payment method they used. IE those who pay by credit card will receive the refund to that credit card & those who paid by cheque or direct credit will be refunded by cheque.
• Manual payment fees will not be included in this refund.
Cancellation of registration by participants
• Cancellation of registration by participants will incur a $10 cancellation fee provided that the cancellation is requested by email email@example.com at least five (5) working days prior to the event.
• No refunds will be given where participants cancel within five (5) working days of the event.
• In the event of a cancelling participant having already received their TRYathlete Kit, an additional $10 will be charged if they wish to keep the kit. This $10 will not be charged if the TRYathlete kit is returned to the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Team within ten (10) days of cancellation.
SANITARIUM WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON PRIZE-GIVING TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Prize-giving will take place on the stage container at each event once all participants have completed the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event course. Prize-giving usually takes place between 12.15pm & 1.00pm & as such participants and their supporters should plan to be at the venue until approximately
All participants will be in the draw and eligible to win any of the spot prizes provided that they went through the
“CHECK IN” process and had their bib number scanned prior to entry into transition.
In order to claim any spot prize, the winning participant must be present at the prizegiving and able to show their winning bib number.
In the event of any unclaimed spot prizes, only the AVANTI BIKES will be redrawn.
No prizes are able to be claimed at any later stage, and no prizes are able to be claimed by persons other than the participant named as the winner.
Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon takes no responsibility for lost or unclaimed prizes.
Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferrable, non-refundable and unable to be exchanged for cash.
Event Day Social Media Competition TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Entrants must post same day photos of the WBKTRY to Instagram and/or Facebook and use the hashtag #kiwikidstry in each
• Sanitarium will select the photo that, in its sole discretion, best captures WBKTRY and announce the winner at the event prize giving.
Winner must be present at the prize giving to accept their prize otherwise Sanitarium will select a new winner.
• The Weet-Bix prize pack is valued at $30.00 and is not negotiable, transferable or redeemable for cash or any other equivalent.
• Sanitarium reserves the right to alter the terms and conditions of this competition at any time.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
By entering into the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon you are aware of and agree to abide by the following
1. WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON TRANSITION AREA
• The Transition Area constitutes part of the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon race course, and as such, only participants currently participating are permitted to enter.
• HELP TEAM Marshals will be unable to make exceptions to this.
• Access to bikes in the Transition Area will not be permitted until after Prize-giving has been completed.
• Access to equipment other than bikes in the Transition Area will be permitted. Participants (Not parents) requiring clothing, medicine and food left by their bike will be able to access this by approaching a Transition Marshall and following their instructions to ensure safety to active participants.
• Entering a Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon constitutes agreement to adhere to these conditions, put in place for the safety of all competitors and event staff.
2. WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON LOST PROPERTY
• Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon takes no responsibility for any property lost at the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon events.
• If you have lost an item of property, we recommend that you check in at the Lost Kids Tent during the event & if it has not been handed in that you log the details of the item with one of the HELP TEAM staff.
• Post event please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with a description of the item.
• At the conclusion of each event, all lost property is given to the local coordinator who will hold items for three months for collection. After this date any items that have not been collected will be donated to a local charity. The exception to this is any items that a child could use at the TRYathlon eg helmets, shoes, bikes which will be donated to the Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation.
3. WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON FAIR PLAY
• The Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon is about participation and Fair Play. By entering the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event, you agree to abide by the principles of Fair Play; respect for the rules, courtesy, just and equitable treatment for all participants, spectators and event volunteers alike.
• We also encourage all spectators present on the day to encourage and cheer for all participants present, and to equally abide by the principals of Fair Play. Thank you for your support.
SANITARIUM WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON ENTRY WAIVER
(these are noted with check boxes during the registration process & also on the On The Day Entry Forms)
By registering your child to participate in an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood entry waiver and terms & conditions (link to T&C’s) relating to the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon.
1. I confirm that I am authorised to enter my child/ward named above in the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon (SWKT) (at the location and on the date described above) and give this waiver personally and on their behalf.
2. I confirm that my child/ward named above is at least seven (7) years of age (or will be by the day of the Tryathlon) and that I have disclosed all relevant medical conditions (including allergies) to the organisers of the SWKT.
3. I agree to comply with the rules and event instructions of the SWKT and enter at my child/ward’s own risk. I further understand that neither New Zealand Health Association Limited trading as Sanitarium (“Sanitarium”) nor the organisers take any responsibility for loss of or damage to property arising in connection with the Tryathlon.
4. I understand the ethos of the Tryathlon and confirm that we will adhere to "fair play" at the Tryathlon.
5. I understand that for Health and Safety reasons participants my child/ward must wear closed in shoes for the bike & run legs of the event & that bikes are unable to be removed from the transition area until the completion of prize-giving, and my child/ward we will comply with this.
6. I consent to Sanitarium and the Tryathlon event organisers collecting, retaining and using personal information of my child/ward, and sharing it with third parties who are involved in the event. I understand that my child’s/ward’s name may appear on promotional materials and merchandise associated with the Tryathlon as well as the
Tryathlon website. Sanitarium and the Tryathlon event organisers may notify us of events similar to the Tryathlon as well as any marketing and promotional activities of Sanitarium. Sanitarium and the Tryathlon event organisers will hold the information securely. I understand that we have the right to access our personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993.
7. I agree that any photographs, videos and/or other images of my child/ward taken during the Tryathlon may be used for media and promotional purposes in connection with future events similar to the Tryathlon and/or Sanitarium’s business, including on the Weet-Bix website and on Sanitarium’s product packaging.
TRY.TR@INER WAIVER available from the Weet-Bix TRYathlon website.
1. You are a guardian of the Tryathlete who intends to use the Weet-Bix Try.Tr@iner Programme.
2. The Tryathlete will be at least 7 years of age on the day of the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event in which he or she is participating in.
3. You will be responsible for the training environment the Tryathlete uses to undertake the Weet-Bix Try.Tr@iner Programme and will supervise the Tryathlete at all times during his or her use of the Weet-Bix Try.Tr@iner Programme.
4. The Tryathlete uses the Weet-Bix Try.Tr@iner Programme at his or her own risk.
SCHOOLS INCENTIVE T&C’s
1. This offer is available to school groups registered online prior to each event’s school group registration cut off date.
2. Discounted entry price of $35.00 is given to all students who are registered by their School Coordinator through the school account.
3. To be eligible for the draw 15 or more students aged between 7 & 15 years from each school must be entered as a school group * OR 10 or more students aged between 7 &15 years may be entered as a school group if the school has a school roll of 100 or less.
4. Two schools will be drawn at each events prize giving. One school will win one of the prizes from the Major Prize Pool and one school will win the Toyota Sports Prize. All schools who are drawn to win a prize from the major prize pool will win a prize.
5. Toyota Sports Prize consists of a $300 sports equipment voucher and a shot put set . The Shot put set has three junior weight shot put balls in it 1x 1kg, 1x2kg and 1x3kg ball all signed by Valerie Adams. There are 14 prizes in total. One to be won at each event.
6. Major Prize Pool Consists of;
a. Five $1000 cash prizes to be won during the 2014/2015 Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon series. Cash prizes must be spent on sporting goods or sporting activity.
b. One Asics Sports Prize – prize consists of 30 Asics Backpacks, 30 Asics Socks & 30 Asics Drink Bottles. c. Eight prizes of 10 complimentary entries to a 2015/2016 Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event of your choice.
7. Major Prize pool draw will take place on Monday 6th April at ASB, Asics & Sanitarium head offices & the winning schools will be contacted by Friday 10th April 2015.
8. Each eligible school group is entitled to a free photo of their group to be taken on event day. Schools that want to redeem their FREE photo must be present with participants after prizegiving at the finish line where the photo will be taken & then emailed in high resolution with the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon e-frame to the school coordinator 3 days after the event.
9. The school coordinator of any school group winning a prize is not required to be at the event prize giving. The school coordinator of the winning groups will be contacted the week following the event where the prize was won.
Post Event Parent Survey
1. Prize draw is open to any 2014/15 SWKT participant’s parent or guardian.
2. To enter, the parent or guardian must complete and submit the 2014/15 SWKT post event survey by 9th April 2015.
3. Prizes will be drawn 13th April 2015 and winners contacted. There will be one winner drawn for each 2014/15 SWKT location (there are 14 locations).
4. Prize is one free entry to the 2015/2016 SWKT location (event) of the prize winner’s choice.
5. Only one entry per participant.
6. Prize is non-transferable or exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered.
7. Sanitarium reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions as it deems necessary and for any reason.
8. Sanitarium’s decision on all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.