A positive and rewarding experience for your child
The Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon inspires children to get moving in a friendly and supportive environment where the emphasis is on enjoying an active lifestyle. Kids of all abilities cross the finish line a champion and everyone who participates takes home a medal.
It is often difficult for us, as adults, to truly appreciate what it means to be a kid today. In our era, we didn’t have to contend with such a rapidly growing population putting pressure on space, resources and transport. Everything seems faster, more pressured, increasingly disposable.
Boosting children's confidence and self-esteem
In our post event survey conducted after the 2014/2015 Series, 84% of parents thought that the TRYathlon had helped to improve their child’s self-esteem and 99% of participants felt positively about receiving their medallion (either felt good, felt better about themselves or were glowing with pride).
- After registering, children were more motivated to exercise.
- Parents were sure that their children's good exercise habits would continue into the future.
- Parents were happy that all children were made to feel like winners.
We previously conducted research, drawing on the leading healthcare professionals to examine the correlation between physical exercise and mental wellbeing.
The results, published in Dec 2010 in the Active Bodies, Healthy Minds report (PDF), have reinforced our commitment to the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon.
Kids also enjoy other event keepsakes:
- Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Official Kids TRYathlon T shirt
- Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Official Swim Cap
- Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Official Medal
- Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Official Kit Bag
- Event Certificate
- Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon numbers
- FREE Weet-Bix Breakfast on event day
- Celebrities and sporting stars at each event to cheer kids on and award medals!
- Plus loads of other cool stuff in the participant pack and on the day!
We’ve seen the positive mental and physical impact that the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon has had on Kiwi kids. Get behind them. And get in behind our kids, so their childhood is every bit as idyllic, pressure-free and rewarding as we remember.
– The Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Team